Now I love chocolate. Safe to say I could potentially be addicted. I probably have chocolate most days and it is definitely one thing I don’t think I could give up. However, my love for chocolate and trying to make it healthy has made me start to bake and cook things that are slightly better than the normal version of it. These are by far one of my go to recipes when I need to bake. Not only do they taste rich with chocolate, but they are also gooey and get lots of compliments.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 170degrees
- In a blender or you can mash it together (which I tend to do as it’s easier I find), combine the avocado, maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla essence
- Then whisk in the eggs
- Stir in the coconut flour, cocoa powder and baking soda
- Place the mixture in a 20cm x 20cm baking tin that is either greased with coconut oil or is lined with greaseproof paper
- Bake for approximately 20minutes for a fudgier type of brownie, they will come out looking slightly wet still but they will harden up. I find that if you place them in the fridge overnight if they are slightly underdone, they’re great the next day (or morning!)
- This recipe should make about 16 brownies.